Tainui School has defined and agreed procedures to follow in the event of an emergency. Obviously our hope is that we don’t need to use these! However, being planned and well prepared would assist us, our children, parents and whānau, in knowing what to do if any of these events did occur. Being aware of our:
- contact plan (see below) and
- procedures (click on the link below)
is one of the ways in which you can also be prepared. Please contact us if you would like further information.
PARENT / CAREGIVER CONTACT PLAN
Please note: Some or all communications may be compromised during an emergency.
WE will contact you using the following:
- Twitter: @Tainuisch
- Text Alert: to receive these text follow tainuisch to 8987 (not available on Vodafone)
- Parent Teacher Calendar App: available from App Store (Apple) and Google Play (android) – remember to ‘allow’ notifications
- Facebook: ‘’follow’ Tainui School – Dunedin
- Mailchimp email: please ensure we have your current email addresses
- Website post: www.tainui.school.nz
YOU can contact us in the following ways:
- Phone (03) 455 0566 or 027 308 9016
- Text 027 308 9016
- Tweet and include @Tainuisch
Please note that our assembly locations may differ depending on the type of emergency we are facing. Assembly points are
- Asphalt court adjacent to the field
- Hall (if appropriate for the emergency)
- Tahuna Road (tsunami) … walk up to Anderson’s Bay School in Jeffery Street, Anderson’s Bay (refer to the map on the next page)
What if parents, whānau or approved persons are not able to get to the assembly point to pick up children?
- WE will stay with and care for children until an approved person arrives.
- WE will contact you using the communication methods that are available at the time of the emergency.
- AT NO STAGE will any child be left unattended or sent home without being accompanied by an approved person (parent, family member or nominated emergency contact).
Click this link to read our procedures: Emergency Plans 2017